Friday, November 04, 2011

Night #2 being Single Parent Vince.

Today at work was insane, but luckily I still was able to get out of the office on time to pick up HT.  He was relatively happy today, and when I first got there he was "cooking" with 3 girls in the Kindergarten class. [1] He had a hamburger, a piece of pineapple, and a broccoli and he wanted me to share his "dessert".. ha ha ha.

Miss Lam [2] showed me HT's art work today.  For the past two days he painted 2 cards (like birthday cars, fold in middle and when opened reveals a picture).  He also adorned the front of the "card" with the same design - white background, blue dot centered in the middle.  Wow.. he has developed a signature style at age 3! :-)

The two "cards" he drew from the past two days.  I should go ask Miss Lam whether HT had any suggestion about this blue-dot theme, or was this his on his own volition..



Anyway, the first one depicts his current fave topic: drawing an outline around his left hand and calling that a "turkey".  (he learned to do that around ThxGiving day). 
"Turkey, with coloured dots and an owl"
Crayons (various colours) on white paper.
 His second one (today) was more interesting.  Apparently they taught him the story of the Red Ridinghood today, and so he drew the scene here (but quite abstract though). 

I asked him what he drew, and he rambled on about "Here's red riding hood and here's big bad wolf and here you see RRH beating up on BBW."  Errr.  I also believe he pretty much thinks BBW is bad because he's the bad guy in two stories now.
 
"Red Ridinghood struggles with Big Bad Wolf"
Crayons on white paper.
Anyways.. tonight we ate dinner at my parent's place.. and my brother Vic and sis-in-law Val also came, and so I pretty much has a relatively relaxing night.

Tomorrow will be fun.. was gonna go out to the park with friends but I think both HV and I are down with a nasty cold, so we will stay indoors pretty much.  I'll try to find some activity for HV to do while I get HT to complete his homework tomorrow.

No comments: