My running buddy was telling me before my trip that there is something to try in Switzerland and it is called luxemburgerli. They are like macarons but much smaller. I am determined to get some and try!
I found Spurgli!! Actually there were no clear signs that more stores exist upstairs. If you do not head to the lounge i think it is impossible to find the store!!
Look! My favorite watch store is here too!
Wish i have the money to bring mickey home :(
This is a nice airport. Very very clean and new and tidy.
Wait i have been taken away by Chopard and the nice view! Back to luxemburgerli. So I walked around the booth and finally found it! You know they are all already packaged in nice boxes but who would have thought they are highly perishable! I wish you can buy less but the smallest box still has 18(!) of them for 17 franc.
Voila! Look at them they are so cute and tiny!
See how tiny they are with respect to my hand!? I can never do macaron so small!
In terms of texture, they hold up so strong but soft and chewy once u bite into it. All the flavor tastes great and not too sweet. Super professionally made!
Salted caramel
Top is pistachio, bottom chocolate and middle filling is strawberry!
Wish we can buy this in Toronto :)
2 comments:
They look super yummy!!
My travel buddy K asked her friend to bring it from Zurich (who happened to be meeting us at the Geneva Airport - the French side). I think we went through the box of Luxemburgerli before we even managed to board the bus to Chamonix. Too bad you can't get it outside of the German speaking side of Switzerland. :( Glad you like them! Hmmm - maybe I should transit through Zurich next time!
Post a Comment