Sunday, November 06, 2011

Saturday #1 evening

The kids woke up around 5:30pm.. I got them downstairs and while they roam about I started to make dinner.  The soup is just about ready and I just have to reheat one dish (tonight it's T's famous beef and eggs in tomato sauce.. with tomatoes. ) and cook a vege (green and yellow zucchinis with left over chicken thigh meat from lunch).. tonight they had rice with this.

Dinner was ready by 6:10pm, but by that time HV was really impatient.  I kept feeding him random stuff - half a grape (the other half to HT), some zucchinis, a piece of chicken.. When he's hungry like that he becomes very whinny and a bit annoying.. HT first detested the zucchinis but after a taste he is OK with it.



HT loves T's tomato egg beef dish.  Well, the egg.  He doesn't want to eat tomatoes, and it takes him a long time to chew the beef (as in, he takes his time).. but today he kept saying it tastes very good and Thank You mommy.. but I was busy getting HV to eat.  After a while HV stopped eating what I was feeding him and instead demanded to feed himself.  So I let him, and I filmed the brothers in the process for T to see later.

Finally HV is done eating so I started to eat.. now I see why HT was loving it.  It was a bit more flavourful than normal (um.. as in a bit saltier) .. HA HA HA no wonder.  Both these kids are salt-fiends. :(

Tyatt's parents dropped by to help look after the kids (many many thanks!) so I can:
  • do laundary - especially their school nap covers and sheets,
  • attach mittens to HV's jacket with a long piece of shoelace through the sleeves, just like brother - it's getting cold out there, and
  • clear out the freezer to dump old shit and rearrange to make room for some of T's cooked food for us.
I couldn't believe some of the cool stuff we have in our freezer, it was like a archeological dig... like we have 3 bags of T's wonderful herbbed chickens stock, 2 bags of banana leaves for her Thai cooking, and a bag of 10,000 frozen croissants from Costco.. and they taste good!

Anyways, the kids are now in bed and I can enjoy...

Oktoberfest Beer with DIY Pork Jerky
Oktoberfest with DIY pork jerky

No comments: