Saturday, October 04, 2014

Arrival in AMS and continuing flight to JRO

Very uneventful.  Arrived a bit late past 07:00 and got out pf D2.  Figured out my next gate was D6 which was super close.  I had 3 hours to spare so I went to the nearby store to see if there is anything interesting.  Unfortunately it was a super boring store.

I saw some charging station so I sat at one of them.  Turns out I need the British 2 prong style to be able to plug in.  Duh!  I only brought the 3 prong adapter!  Wish me luck that is what I need in Arusha!!

Failing to charge my phone, I did went on their free internet a few times (45 min then you need to renew again). People back home were sleeping so nobody to talk to at that hour.  I saw some bodies lying on the sofa benches and i decided to follow them :)

Around 9:05, I saw tons of people lining up at the gate.  Oh yeah my flight leaves at 10:05!  Almost forgot!  So I joined the line up and had to go through security.  

The flight i got off earlier today

AMS airport, disappointing

Chicken curry meal.  Not bad


Caramel ice cream as snack yum!

Some pizza stick as dinner


Arriving finally!  The line to the customs were long but i was the first one out of the flight since I did not have check in bags :). 

The airport parking lot with Iulia and Vlad in the background.  They also came from Toronto.

Me with the safari vehicle

The JRO airport terminal

On route to the planet lodge which is 45 min away

At planet lodge gate

Arrive!  They served some mango juice and cookies to welcome us :). The hotel is bery nice and clean

1 comment:

G said...

Oh, I thought they had an offshoot of the Rijksmuseum at the airport, but maybe on the landside. You could check that out on the way back... And also, stroopwafels :)